INFOTECH · Artal Smart Agriculture technical and scientific reports
Saline Corrector: FERTIORGAN Calcium
FERTIORGAN CALCIUM is a product based on 100% calcium complexed with lignosulfonic acid, completely soluble in water and with a high proportion of organic matter from northern European conifers; has been developed by ARTAL Agronutrients to correct calcium deficiencies and excess salinity in soils and waters.
Technical report FERTIORGAN Ca: properties and benefits
FERTIORGAN CALCIUM is a product based on organic matter from coniferous vegetable lignins from Northern Europe and Calcium complexed with lignosulfonic acid.
Its elements give it several properties:
- Calcium Corrector
- Soil improver
- Salinity corrector
Calcium is a secondary macroelement that participates in several ways in the metabolism of the plant:
- Activates the metabolism of auxins, which promote growth
- Helps to combat water stress by regulating stomatal occlusion
- Participates in the absorption of other nutrients
- Strengthens the structure of the cell wall, increasing its rigidity
- Regulates the response to stress due to high temperatures
- Improves the immune system of the plant through calmodulin
- Improves the quality of the fruit
FERTIORGAN CALCIO presents 100% calcium complexed with lignosulfonic acid, completely available for plants.
This means that Calcium is not a limiting factor for the growth of the crop, so the crop will benefit from:
- Increased biomass production
- A better response to biotic and abiotic stress
The application of FERTIORGAN CALCIUM contributes to the improvement of the structure and the quality of the soil, since:
- Agglutinates soil compounds, which favors bacterial decomposition
- The decomposed matter produced serves as a nutrient for the crop
- Improves soil aeration, increasing the oxygen present
- Increases the soil’s sponginess, improving its water retention capacity
- Shifts the Sodium ions of the Change Complex, improving the quality of it
In soils there are several types of ions in aqueous solution. The positively charged are called cations and are retained in the soil because it is negatively charged by the presence of organic matter.
One of the most common cations in saline soils is Sodium (Na +), dissociated from salt (NaCl).
The presence of an excess of Sodium in the soil is harmful to plants due to the high capacity of the plants to absorb it.
An excessive level of Sodium in the plant can have as a consequence:
- Water imbalance, which will end up drying out the plant
- Malformations on leaves and fruits
- Smaller size and higher percentage of fruit discards
FERTIORGAN CALCIUM is an excellent corrector of salinity, both in soils and irrigation water, due to the effect that Calcium has on Sodium, which is the element that causes damage to the structure of the soil and plants.
Calcium improves the Cationic Exchange Capacity and displaces the Sodium ions from the Humic Clay Complex, which are lost by leaching.
Density: 1,34 gr/cc
pH (20ºC): 3
|Organic matter||30,0% w/w = 39,93% w/v|
|Calcium oxide (CaO)||7,5% w/w = 10,1% w/v|
|Reducing sugars||18,0% w/w = 10,64% w/v|
|Sulfur (SO3)||5,36% w/w = 7,05% w/v|
Uses and dosage
|CROP||RADICULAR APPLICATION L/Ha||NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS / FREQUENCY|
|Citrus, fruit and subtropical crops||80-90 L/ha per crop cycle||From germination, repeat every 15-20 days, especially during preflowering and fruit formation|
|Fruit trees, olive trees and vineyards||80-90 L/ha per crop cycle||Since germination, repeat every 15-20 days, especially during preflowering and fruit formation|
|Cereals and Ornamentals||70-75 L/ha per crop cycle||Since the transplant, every 7-10 days|
|Greenhouse||90-100 L/ha per crop cycle||Since the transplant, every 7-10 days|
|Horticultural open field||80-90 L/ha per crop cycle||Since the transplant, every 7-10 days|
- Corrects calcium deficiencies with calcium 100% complex and assimilable
- Improves the physical-chemical and biological characteristics of the soil thanks to the organic matter it contains
- Corrects the salinity of water and soil by improving cation exchange capacity (CIC) and displacing Sodium that damages its structure
For a safe, sustainable and highly productive agriculture
ARTAL, YOUR PARTNER
Artal products cover every need:
Yield and PRODUCTIVITY
Artal offers more than just a range of products , it offers a SERVICE making the farmers feel the physiological needs of their crops are CARED.
We are proud to continue with the work that our FAMILY started back in 1895
A company becomes centennial for having known how to read the times lived by each generation. That’s because we have accomplished the EXPECTATIONS that our clients deposited over us, becoming the preferred partner of many farmers.
Many years and many PERSONAL STORIES shape Artal.
Artal RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT and INNOVATION department develops absolutely exclusive products in joint collaboration with UNIVERSITIES, RESEARCH CENTERS and PRODUCERS: for a safe, sustainable and highly productive agriculture.